Monday, April 27, 2009

Internship!

About a month ago, I decided that I wanted to have an internship for my last year in college. My next step was to meet with the ASU internship coordinator. Two weeks ago I met with her and she decided my fate for my last year before graduation. I submitted my resume, cover letter, and application for reviewing. Two days later, I received an email congratulating me on being accepted as a student who was eligible for an internship! This was awesome news!


When I met with the internship coordinator I also asked if I would be able to continue to work for the law firm that I do now while earning college credit. I could not believe it! The answer was yes and immediately I felt excited. This opportunity would give me the chance to work full time, earn a decent annual income while still earning college credit!


So that afternoon, I met with my boss to propose the idea of an internship with him. This would not change a lot about the job; however, I would have to work more hours, get my hours signed off by him and have him fill out a self evaluation each semester for me.


I said a prayer and left the rest in God's hands. Then, I asked him. I explained to him all the details of what entails with this internship. Immediately, he surprised me by saying that he had students in the past from ASU who also worked for him while earning college credit. Whew! I felt relieved! The answer to my question was of course!


Now you may be asking yourself why this is such a big deal to me?


In about 24 days, I will begin a new life with my husband by my side! Our life will begin together with all the love, responsibilities, and schedules that we have always had.


This internship will enable me to make a sufficient income while still being a full time student on track for graduation in the Spring, May 2010!


This opportunity gives me a chance to spend more time with my husband while still finishing my degree.


I highly recommend internships for students not only because of these great opportunities but first and foremost because you learn a great deal pertaining to your career hands on which is the best preparation you can have for your future!


No comments:

Post a Comment