Monday, March 9, 2009

Get your college paid for!

I came to Arizona State University from Washington High School in the Glendale High School Union District. I was 17 years old wondering how I was going to be able to afford to go to college when I graduated from high school. I was told if I worked hard in high school and received exceptional grades I could get my college paid for through a scholarship. I worked hard throughout my high school years. As the second part of senior year approached, I wondered if I would receive a scholarship after I applied to ASU. I was extremely nervous the day I received the letter in the mail from ASU. I slowly opened the edges of the envelope and unraveled the letter... I got it!!! I received a provost scholarship at the rate of $6,000 per year for a four year period because of my academic level in high school.

I received a scholarship and so can you!

I received that scholarship for my grades in high school; however, there are thousands of scholarships out there that are given to students everyday ranging from writing a short essay about your leadership skills to sharing a talent that you possess. A few other examples are the Coca-Cola Scholarship and the Dell Scholarship.

Need based scholarships require completion of a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form which can be accessed at www.fafsa.com.

Many scholarships are out there and many students are unaware of these awesome opportunities in order to pay for your college!

Visit www.scholarships.com to access scholarships/grants and read about the stories of students who receive grants and scholarships!

Scholarships are available and the students that put forth the effort are the ones who receive the reward!

“To succeed, jump as quickly at opportunities as you do at conclusions.”
-Benjamin Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment