Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Softball!!

Before church on Sunday, my husband, Josh and I decided we wanted to try out for the community softball team. The team included two of my sisters, my sister's boyfriend, his brothers and sister, their significant others plus some more friends. My sister had mentioned previously to me that we should join and I didn't think much of it but after our father's day celebration on Saturday my husband convinced me that we should!

Well to begin, my husband is definitely an athlete! He performs great in almost every sport he plays! He played baseball for many years growing up! I, on the other hand, well I do okay. Anyways, he had wanted to sign up for softball with our church but their season was almost over so this was the perfect opportunity!

We headed out to the park where practice is held near the 101 and Thunderbird on Sunday morning around 7:30 a.m. It was early but we were excited! We arrived at the park around 8:00 a.m. We began practice! The team was pretty good and we were all having a good time practicing! Immediately, the others on the team realized that Josh had the best arm on the team and everyone was excited to have him join and well I'm his other half so I just come along with him. :) No but really I did pretty good during practice also!

Right after practice, we found out all the details about joining the team! We picked up team shirts and paid the league fee! I found the perfect pink mitt to use for our first game, although we have to practice with it a bit and run it over with the truck a couple times to get it worn in.

Our first game is Saturday evening and we can't wait!! This is going to be a fun experience and it will allow all of us to bond! I'm so anxious, I wish Sunday was here already; however, I need a little more practice so I guess I'm glad it's only Wednesday!

Softball here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment